ABOUT THE SFHG
What: The San Francisco Homebrewers Guild was established in February 2012 to serve as an organizing force for the local homebrewer community. Our goal is to encourage the art and craft of homebrewing and to bring local brewers together. During our first year, we grew to about 80 dues-paying members, at the end of our second year we had approximately 170 dues-paying members and a mailing list of over 700 local Bay Area beer geeks and homebrewers. We continue to grow! We must be doing something right, come see if you want to join up, too!
Join us for events including:
- Regular Monthly Meetings at Anchor Brewing’s taproom featuring talks by pro brewers (see schedule here)
- our annual SF Beer Week homebrew share
- brew days at member’s homes
- our annual brewery bus tour
- our SFHG Homebrewer of the Year series of AHA-BJCP certified homebrew competitions
- collaboration brews with pro breweries such as Cerveceria de MateVeza & Freewheel;
- SFHG group camping at the Northern CA Homebrew Festival;
- the summer Homebrew-B-Q in Golden Gate Park; and,
- many more small events, pro-am brews, happy hours, brewery tours, and beer geek parties throughout the year!
- Even President Obama is down with the SFHG! Shouldn’t you be?
Who: You! Whether you have been brewing all grain for many years or have barely unpacked your extract starter kit, the SFHG welcomes homebrewers of all levels.
BYOH: Bring your own homebrew! We strongly encourage homebrewers to bring a few bottles of their brew to meetings to share with fellow homebrewers for fun and valuable feedback. Bring your best stuff to brag on and your not-so-good stuff for advice. Have you brewed up something with some serious off-flavors? Don’t be embarrassed about it, we’ve all done it! Homebrewers love to try weird brews to try to figure out what went right or wrong. Also, it’s OK to bring the occasional pro brew in order to demonstrate a particular style or if you were trying to clone it, but generally we do stick with sharing homebrew at our meetings.